The End of Summer
We’re sorry the blog has been so quiet lately. We wish we could say that Little Brown Mushroom is tanned and rested after a luxurious vacation, but just the opposite is true. Over the last couple of months we’ve been frantically preparing for a cluster-bleep of activity this fall:
- Alec Soth’s upcoming exhibition, From Here To There, at the Walker Art Center and the accompanying catalog.
- Alec Soth’s new project and Steidl book in collaboration with Lester B. Morrison, Broken Manual (stay tuned for details)
- A documentary film about the making of Broken Manual, Somewhere to Disappear, by Laure Flammarion and Arnaud Uyttenhove.
- The Auckland Project, a collaborative book by Alec Soth and John Gossage.
- Brighton Picture Hunt, a collaborative book and exhibition with Carmen Soth as part of the Brighton Photo Biennial
- Ash Wednesday, New Orleans, a book derived from Soth’s ongoing New York Times series, The Continental Picture Show.
- Rodarte, Catherine Opie, Alec Soth, a new book exploring the creative world of the fashion designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy.
We hope to provide more energy to this blog starting tomorrow. But we’re taking the rest of the afternoon off and going to State Fair (the official end to Minnesota’s summer). Hopefully we’ll post some pictures from our staff outing on our Tumblr and Facebook sites. Otherwise, come back tomorrow to check out the new publication we’re launching!